Our PBS Community
Inspirational stories of how PBS has changed lives, impacted our region, and brought us all together.
Our PBS Community Archives
- Andrea Needham - A list of downsizing resources for seniors. It covers everything from letting go of your belongings to the logistics of moving.
- Eric Chaddock-How a local author, William Shakespeare, and Jim Henson all connect to contribute to public media in Southern Oregon
- Jane Ballback- How one woman is bringing storytelling back to the Rogue Valley and to Southern Oregon PBS.
- Brian Young - How one man has turned to his local PBS stations to create a sense of community and learn more about his surroundings.
- Julie Akins - From hosting episodes of "Local Focus" to producing the mini-series "Southern Oregon Responds," our community has a trusted voice in this inspiring reporter.
- Norton Smith -Adventurist and filmmaker Norton Smith has made a name for himself by pushing the limits of what humans can accomplish, most recently heading into the Canadian arctic for a 55-day solo journey upriver.
- Wanda Tracy -See how one local mother is taking advantage of PBS resources to ensure her children make the most of staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Frank Wright and Roy Heinzle - See owners of The Kitchen Company in Grants Pass have worked to serve their community during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Keegan Van Hook - From the Master Control Booth at SO PBS to out in the streets filming current events as they happen, Keegan Van Hook is enhancing the SO PBS Community daily.
- Vanessa Finney - Drawing from a long career in supporting the arts, Vanessa Finney has developed a new interstitial series to promote local artists.